Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Hide and Seek - ACE Train Movie Review

A father is left to raise his young daughter alone after his wife commits suicide. They decide to move to the country since the young girl seems to be having a hard time dealing with her mother's death. Shortly after arriving at the remote house, the girl creates an imaginary friend which seems like a harmless coping mechanism. However, as horrible things start to happen, the father questions whether the friend is really a figment of her imagination.

A suspenseful thriller, this movie delivers just that. From start to finish, gruesome things happen that beg the question, "Who's responsible?" A new suspect seems to crop up at every turn and a lot of people look guilty, but the real shocker is the ending. The acting is so good and was cast so well, you get lost in the story and jump at every sudden movement. The ending was so surprising that I have to watch the movie again to see if I missed some clues. Come out, come out, wherever you are...

Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: Yes
Starring: Robert De Niro, Dakota Fanning, Elisabeth Shue


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: