Friday, July 29, 2005

The Pacifier - Movie Review

A Navy SEAL is assigned to protect a scientist working on a top secret project for the government. However, an assassin slips past security and kills the scientist. Since information for the project is being stored at the murdered scientists house, the Navy SEAL's new assignment is to protect his widow and four kids. While the widow has to fly to Switzerland to retrieve her husband's safety deposit box, the Navy SEAL must care for the kids by himself. Needless to say, he's not exactly prepared for what that all entails...

Not good. I'm sure that kids would like this movie and think it's really funny, but I was just glad it was only 90 minutes long. The whole premise was to have a really big, overbearing man with huge muscles deal with really small, (mostly) innocent kids and the petty and gross things they do. Sound familiar? Let me refresh your memory - Kindergarten Cop, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 1990. Vin Diesel didn't work in this role because, while he is great at being an angry hard-ass, he looked very out of place toward the end of the movie when he was supposed to be softening up. Shawnna said it best - "He looks awkward when he tries to smile." Vin should stick to action movies and this film should be placed in the Diaper Genie.

Rating: 1.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Vin Diesel, Faith Ford, Lauren Graham, Brad Garrett


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: