Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Miracle - ACE Train Movie Review

During the 1980 Winter Olympics, with tensions running high between the USA and Soviet Union, a group of college hockey players set out to do the unthinkable - defeat a clearly superior Soviet team that had won the gold medal in the previous 4 consecutive Olympic games. Coached by Herb Brooks, who was cut from the 1960 USA Olympic hockey team 10 days before they won the gold medal, the team worked hard, dug deep and pulled off a miracle that brought a nation to its feet.

After watching this movie, I realize how much I miss hockey. From start to finish, this was an action packed film that had drama, comedy, suspense and excitement - just like a real hockey game. For 2 hours, I was swept away by the story and found myself rooting for an outcome I already knew was coming. The casting was great, the hockey scenes were historically true to form and Al Michael's original, final call was used when Mike Eruzione scored. Do you believe in miracles? Watch this movie and you will.

Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: Yes
Starring: Kurt Russell, Patricia Clarkson, Noah Emmerich


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: