Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Alexander - ACE Train Movie Review

The film chronicles the life of fourth-century B.C. ruler Alexander the Great and follows the young king as he leads his forces on a bloody empirical conquest across the known world, taking large parts of Asia and the Middle East to amass a giant empire, all by the time he turned 25.

Anytime I see the word "epic" to describe a movie, I think I'll skip it from now on since I can't think of a good epic movie that I have seen. Any movie over 2 hours is stretching it, but this one is close to 3 hours - UGH! It wasn't a completely horrible movie, but it was just too long. The battle scenes could have been cut down, some of the speeches could have been shorter and the acting could have been better. I'm not a fan of Angelina Jolie, so she bugged me with her fake accent. I also found it difficult to keep track of all the Greek names and follow the timing of events since the movie goes back and forth between various years (sometimes it shows the dates and other times it says, "ten years earlier"). Anyway, it was an epic relief when the movie was over.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Colin Farrell, Val Kilmer, Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: