Friday, August 19, 2005

Matchstick Men - ACE Train Movie Review

An obsessive-compulsive con man makes a good living with his protege and partner-in-crime by swindling people out of money with promises of vacations and prizes which they never receive. The protege wants to pull off a really big job and convinces the con man to join him. The neurotic con man is forced to see a psychotherapist in order to get the prescription drugs that will calm his nerves in order to pull off the big con. While receiving therapy, he is inspired to contact the daughter he has never seen and is forced to re-examine his life.

I like Nicolas Cage and thought he did an excellent job playing a neurotic con man in this film. There was plenty of action, drama and comedy to keep my interest as well as a couple of twists that caught me off guard. The cons were believable enough to not be completely ridiculous and the plot and characters were intriguing. It all added up to a very good movie that I would recommend especially if you are a Nicolas Cage fan.

Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: Yes
Starring: Nicolas Cage, Sam Rockwell, Alison Lohman, Bruce McGill


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: