Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Imaginary Heroes - ACE Train Movie Review

Parents take different paths to deal with the pain when their oldest son commits suicide. The mother becomes ever more cynical and harsh, but tries to bond with their surviving son by finding a common indulgence - marijuana. The father also tries to bond with his son but the boy feels like he hasn't lived up to what the father wanted. While the family tries to deal with the pain and make sense of the tragedy, the big question is whether they can heal and move on before they are torn apart.

This film is a meandering, depressing journey through the lives of people who have issues to deal with on many levels. It would have been much better if there was even a hint of light at the end of the tunnel. However, the entire movie is shot (and the actors perform) in such a way that is draining and left me feeling "blah." While I'm sure it takes a long time to get over the suicide of a family member, I'm also pretty sure it doesn't make for a good movie plot.

Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Would I watch it again: No
Starring: Sigourney Weaver, Emile Hirsch, Jeff Daniels


I typically watch movies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while riding the ACE Train from Tracy to Santa Clara. The opinions expressed are those of me, myself and I.

No comments: